The Vivid Vision™ technique …
Who wouldn’t want to double their company’s revenue in three years? Having this as a goal and realising it are two different things, however.
To achieve this, you need to gear up for fast growth. And to do that, you need to develop a detailed vision of the future.
Developing a Vivid Vision™
In his book, “Double Double: How to Double Your Revenue and Profit in 3 years or Less”, Cameron Herold details his Vivid Vision™ concept – the first step in doubling the revenue of your company.
Herold believes that the focus and visualisation techniques used by professional athletes can and should be applied to business.
He developed the Vivid Vision™ concept, a document that describes your vision for what your company will be three years out at double its present size.
This may seem like an easy thing to create, but it’s not. It requires you to really work on your company – to describe what the future looks like.
It does not describe how you’ll get there – that is the next stage.
The goal is to write a 3-5 page description of what your company looks like and feels like in three years.
Remember that you are envisioning all these aspects of your company after it has doubled in size! Imagine that you are walking around your company’s offices with a clipboard in hand:
- What do you see?
- What do you hear?
- What are your clients saying?
- What does the media write?
- What kinds of comments are you employees making at the water cooler?
- What is the buzz in your community?
- What is marketing like? Are you marketing goods/services globally now? Are you launching new online and TV ads?
- How is the company running day-to-day? Is it organised and running like a clock?
- What kind of stuff do you do every day? Are you focused on strategy, team building, customer relationships, etc.?
- What do the company financials reveal?
- How are you funded now?
- How are your Core Values being realised among your employees?
Cover every area of your business: culture, staff, marketing, public relations, sales, IT, operations, finance, production, communication, customer service, engineering, values, employee engagement, work-life balance, etc. Cover interactions you’ll be having with all stakeholders, too.
What to expect …
What can you expect after going through the Vivid Vision™ process?
- A clear vision.
- Alignment in life and business.
- Awareness of the roadblocks that have been stopping you.
- Tools to overcome these roadblocks.
- A decision filter to keep you on course.
- Strategic action steps to execute on your vision.
- A clear way of expressing your vision to others so they can support you.
- Accountability systems and tools.
Look at this process as the ultimate opportunity to make your business a success!
Please reach out to us if you are interested in receiving the Vivid Vision™ tool for your business. Feel free to call us at +61 (0)408 748 980 or email: [email protected]
Another tool to take your business to the next level …
Take your business to the next level with a Business Scorecard Assessment. It’s a completely free tool and will take you less than 10 minutes to complete…
You’ll receive a scorecard that’s been designed to show entrepreneurs, CEOs and Leadership Teams their blind spots and provide instant, actionable steps on how to improve.
Your Scorecard covers your Leadership Team, your People, your Strategy, your Customer, Execution, Cash and you as a CEO.
It will provide key insights that you can action immediately. Take the survey and get your Action Plan instantly here.
I hope you have enjoyed these insights. Have a great week and stay growth-focused!