A quick story. A couple of years ago, a new Founder CEO client rang me in early February freaking out. His company numbers were way way down and he was going to have to take out an LOC to pay wages that month!
When we looked at his sales team’s activity in late November & December – it was virtually non-existent. They had hit their quarter-end targets and taken the rest of the year off! They had not looked to book appointments in January or February at all – and when they came back in Jan from the holidays … it took them 8 weeks to rebuild momentum.
It was nearly a catastrophe – but one of the best lessons ever for the leadership team – “Pre-Load Your Year!”
Do you want to make 2024 amazing?
I remember a quote that said… “The best way to predict the future is to create it.”
That means if you want to crush 2024 – you have to PLAN for it to happen NOW.
Planning isn’t just for those who are natural at it. It’s a skill you can learn and master. One of the first things I do with new clients is teach them a process for planning – 3-year, 1-year, and quarterly sprints. It changes my client’s lives!
The idea of being able to plan your year out in one go… Then spending the next year just doing what you planned… It’s very liberating.
Think of planning as laying out train tracks for the new year. Once you’re back from holidays, you just hop on and start moving. No loss of momentum.
So, what should you be doing now?
- Keeping the Hunt Going: Have your team book calls/meetings now into the new year.
- Preloading Your Year: Be ready to hit the ground running in the new year.
- Stay active in client pursuit over the holidays – it’s amazing how many CXOs work over the break while their gatekeepers are on leave!
- Bring continuous value to your clients, even during their break.
Many think nothing happens over the holidays. That’s a myth. This time is crucial for reflection and planning. It’s a golden chance to ensure your clients think of you. When they plan their new year, they should envision your role in it. What are you doing now to ensure that you are at the forefront of your client’s minds?
Don’t Miss the Holiday Opportunity. Take Action Now.
Remember, the secret to a fantastic year lies in effective planning. Whether you’re a natural planner or not, you can learn and excel at this crucial skill. Let’s make it a year of growth, success, and fulfillment. Pre-load your year now, and watch as your plans turn into realities.
I will share some tools over the next week to help you to a triumphant 2024.
And if planning feels overwhelming, I’m here to help. Give me a call.
P.S. Ready to elevate your business? Here are 4 ways I can assist:
- Download my free book, “CEO Business Growth Secrets”, for strategies on scaling your business. — Click Here
- Gauge your business growth potential with our free 18-question assessment, providing personalised advice for improvement. It’s quick and free. — Click Here
- Listen to “Business.Focus”, our podcast featuring success stories from business leaders. Click Here.
Schedule a complimentary strategy session or engage in private coaching with me to address specific challenges. — Click Here.