Several business leaders recently asked me “How do we scale up our operations? What am I missing to scale the operation function within my business most effectively?”.
Scaling operations can happen at many stages of growth, but the most important thing is establishing the underlying infrastructure of the organisation: Data.
An effective operations team requires a comprehensive data strategy to be successful.
Here are some tips:
– Centralise your data ownership – keep all your data together.
– Hire Data engineers
– Implement a Business Intelligence tool to help leverage all data sources
– Hire data analysts with strong business acumen who can leverage data to provide quality insights
When I start with new clients they tend to employ between 10 & 50 staff. These tips can initially look expensive. To find these experts without spending too much, check out freelance websites or recruit fresh graduates from local universities.
If you haven’t yet, build your data strategy and team quickly. This will help you to define your business strategy and to accelerate growth.
P.S. Ready to elevate your business? Here are 4 ways I can assist:
- Download my free book, “CEO Business Growth Secrets”, for strategies on scaling your business. — Click Here
- Gauge your business growth potential with our free 18-question assessment, providing personalised advice for improvement. It’s quick and free. — Click Here
- Listen to “Business.Focus”, our podcast featuring success stories from business leaders. Click Here.
- Schedule a complimentary strategy session or engage in private coaching with me to address specific challenges. — Click Here.